05 November, 2023

HAVE Shenzhen Audio Show DYLPaudio 老彭 Stirling LS3/6

Click pics to enlarge. 
Letter from Shenzhen (23-11): HAVE 2023 Audio Show

So much has actually happened in 2023 that my mind got kinda jumbled up! Think about this: at the beginning of the year, China/SZ dropped Coronavirus Testing and began to "lie flat", then we had all the Chinese Audio Shows open up (I attended the SZ and GZ), then I spent the entire summer in the UK and US. It's a paradox that, at my age, the more happens, the less time flies.

And so when I received news on Wechat about a SZ Audio Show, I mistakenly thought it was the same one I attended a while ago. Has it been a year? Last one was organized by SIAV and I enjoyed it greatly. No info on the SIAV site. I felt strange, but I went nonetheless, on its first day, Friday, and I was stunned by the lack of attendance. I soon found out it was a different organizer. This one is named Shenzhen International High-End Audio Visual Expo (HAVE). Apparently, its 5th.

It seems HAVE emphatically got beat by the SIAV Show, which took place in late February, and on which I reported. This show was attended by only a handful of exhibitors who had appeared then, and occupied only 1 hotel floor and a few large rooms. There were NOT many interesting discoveries. See the list to the left.

So this report is a mostly a NON-report. I shall skip more detailed descriptions of exhibitors that had appeared in SIAV earlier this year and refer you to my earlier SIAV report. For even more info, you may want to consult my Guangzhou Show Report  (Tag: Show report - Guangzhou 2023)

Among the SIAV attendees that showed up were the great 薄小强, the excellent BT Showfeel, the reliable Tecsun, LALS, Mymei etc. If interested, please refer to my previous reports. Some others are in the pics below, not necessarily by merit.

But, as in real life, sometimes in Slim Pickings there emerge some "Finds". Life rewards the studious, at least I hope so! 

The most surprising is 东莞市黑胶音响技术有限公司 DYLPAUDIO TECHNICS CO.,LTD. Please peruse the website. This company does a huge amount of production and apparently is a BIG OEM manufacturer. MM cartridge that looks luxurious can be had for 10 bucks and ultra high end MCs for a couple of thousands maybe. Many of the cartridges displayed are eerily familiar looking. Some look like Audio Technica and some Ortofon 2M. The boss Mr Peng, 老彭, is a well-known figure, and someone has told me about him previously! I talked to him briefly and he was a nice guy! Apparently, many overseas people rely on him! This is a BIG find. If I can, I shall try to visit him! According to them, they don't attend shows often, so I count myself lucky.

My other surprise came from the Amp maker GoalBon 高班 room. The sound was decent, but I was struck by how nice the LS3/5As looked and sounded. It turned out they were the real UK Stirling, not Chinese replica. The EL34 amp was not cheap at >20K RMB, named LS35 and said to be designed to drive the LS35a, and unusually has an 11 ohm output. That was not what intrigued me. They had a pair of Stirling LS3/6 there! The SZ company is reachable by subway, so you can be sure I shall in due time pay them a visit to listen to the LS3/6!  

Different, but...
More from DYLPaudio. Cartridges from $10!
Stirling LS3/5A and LS3/6!
Unusual bass driver (also below), but I heard distortion
Mullard is now a speaker brand?
Large room, said French loudspeakers and unknown electronics said to be from HK.
Not shown an FU50 amp said to deliver 13 watts. I said to the guy, NO FXXKing way!
Of the HK dealers, only Roksan showed up. No one there.
Big Room with Chinese Mega loudspeakers and electronics. Sound OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment