30 April, 2024

Take One Audio 派美 CS Port Viva Esturo Kuzma

Click pics to enlarge. More pics and captions below. Above: Treasures are everywhere, but for the vintage afficionado I note behind the sofa a classic vintage Luxman 300B amp!
 
Letter from Hong Kong (24-14): Another Longest Day, Part I
Visit to Take One Audio

Written in Shenzhen

My taskmaster icefox sends so much audio info out a day that I'm not sure how he functions in his real job. SO! even before this day, Last Saturday, like last time, icefox scheduled a full day's activities, of which this is the start.

I have long heard of Take One Audio in Kwai Chung (very detailed report in Chinese), a high-end dealer. I met icefox and Brother Shan 山哥 and Take One partner 新哥 and old friend 欧阳 and had dim sum. Then we went for an afternoon of demo that showcased Japanese CS Port Analog and Tube Electronic products and Italian Viva Horns, conducted by the affable Johnny of Distributor 派美 and assisted by Take One partner 德哥. The whole thing is reported here in Weixin, with much better info on the esotericas and pics than my cellphone can muster. Western readers should find these rare stuff interesting too, with the help of translation.

The Jap CS Port tube gear use a lot of C3G tube (long a DIY fav). The Phonoamp, Preamp and Amp use this tube. The amp uses the monstrous 212 tube (not sure if we heard the NOS UK STC version); most interestingly, it uses SMPS, and so is very light. Mind you, there are a LOT of 212 amps around now, including Chinese Line Magnetic (both Foshan and Zhuhai) which use huge LPS and are very heavy.

Only LPs were heard on the flagship CS Port TT, with Esturo Gold Diamond Cartridge. On this day, while sound was very refined and luxurious, it lacked a bit of rhythmic exactitude. The Viva horns projected real sized images but seemed polite too. I pined for a good CD or even BT for comparison but of course it was not to be had. However, a very interesting demo and I thank our hosts. I'd love to re-visit, especially since I didn't hear the outer room! You should visit too! An unbelievable Treasure Trove!

They are also Kuzma and Verdier dealers (both brands are my favs), and, wow, the TTs just are mouth watering! I MUST re-visit!

A great start for the day, and many thanks for the excellent coffee!

The outer room houses Viva 211 amp and CS Port GM70 amp, which sources tell me
are excellent through the Trenner & Friedl loudspeakers!
The Vintage Corner. Note Leak TL12, Marantz 9. In fore-front Appollo Amp.
Italian Viva horns. Back CS Port 212 amps and, last row, luxurious electronics
 and TTs by CS Port and Kuzma.
Kinoshita Loudspeakers and a myriad of Cartridges including Koetsu, Dynavector and AT.

No comments:

Post a Comment