08 June, 2014

Book Recommendation: The Ultimate Digital Music

The Ultimate Digital Music Guide: The Best Way to Store, Organize, and Play Digital MusicBook Recommendation: The Ultimate Digital Music
Letter from NYC (33) 2014 (5): Book Recommendation


I used to be an avid reader, but I don't read too many books these days. Once in a while however I make sure I browse the shelves of the library. This time I picked up 4 books; I cannot hope to read through them all, but they have given me great satisfaction.

This book is the only one that is audio-related. And on CAS, a topic I am not particularly enthused about, though I use it on occasion.

The writing style of author Michael Miller is impeccably lucid. It is straightforward and well organized. A perfect example of a how-to book that maintains interest. Whether you read every line or skip-read (as I do) you will not be disappointed, or bored.

This is a minor miracle, considering that the first few chapters are on general matters. It is a sure sign of good writing that a chapter on legal ramifications of download is not only informative but makes surprisingly absorbing reading!

I cannot recommend this book enough. At discounted prices on the net, it is a must-have if you think about getting into CAS. It will give you a better perspective than most writings on CAS you can find on the net, and perspective is one thing most lacking on the net (we are talking about both people who write and people who read)!

No comments:

Post a Comment