13 May, 2020

Another Klipsch Heresy System

520campilongo.withlps
Click to enlarge. Note the Heresy against the wall.

NY Diary (20-19): Another Klipsch Heresy System

I read this article in the print edition quite a while ago, and was just waiting for Stereophile to upload it, so as I can share it with you. This master guitarist uses in his home a MacIntosh preamp driving a Dynaco ST-70 amp for his ancient Klipsch Heresey loudspeakers (link here). Make sure you read every page, but it is surprisingly missing one photo of his right loudspeaker that is in the print edition. Never mind! For myself, I'd never do without a sub in this system, but, you should notice his room is not that big, and at least his left speaker has wall reinforcement. And his "rack" resonances should help further the sound. One should always make things work for you, rather than against you. I think, without knowing, his musician self accomplished it for him! :-)

2 comments:

  1. what a great system, although I would rather see a Thorens TD145 or TD160 than the Pro-Ject =)

    This 'Musicians as audiophiles' series by Ken Micallef is one of the few remaining columns of Stereophile worth reading, although I am not sure why this article was titled differently.

    My favorite entry in this series is David Smith, a trumpet player from NY, have you read it John?
    https://www.stereophile.com/content/musicians-audiophiles-david-smith

    Great mid-50s Americana system, Rek-o-Kut, HH Scott, Radio Craftsmen, Altec 604; I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx for the link!!! I guess the article was not in the print edition? Somehow I missed it. It is indeed SUPERB!

      THAT article is worth writing something about!!! Let me think about it...

      Delete