25 September, 2020

R.I.P. audiopro

R.I.P. audiopro

Doctorjohn: It is with the greatest sadness that I announce the passing of audiopro. Vivek informed me a few days ago by email. I literally immediately broke into goosebumps and felt uncomfortable for hours after. Why, he emailed me just four days prior to this news. It is still not clear how he died, but he was way too young.

audiopro's first article for us, A walk down memory lane, certainly found resonance with many people, including myself. He wrote and listened with exactitude, with a touch of philosophical musing; it is too bad he did not get to contribute more. We shall miss him.

Although I have never met him and his presence in this blog is brief, I have felt from the first day that he is a kindred spirit. As I am in communication with Vivek and sometimes Prem, I have always felt that I'd get to meet them all one day. After all, India is one country that I have always wanted to visit.

As remembrance, this blog would not post anything new for three days.

mrgoodsound: This is sad news. I did not have the chance to get to know audiopro but I would consider anyone with the sensitivity to music (something many in this hobby do not have, despite their pretenses) at least somewhat connected in spirit. I wish the best for his family and friends.

Dexler Poppe: Terrible news about audiopro! Actually his first article greatly inspired me to accept your invitation to your blog. I found it fascinating that even though we live so far apart, our experiences and background are more similar than different. In fact, I did hope that readers will eventually come to the same conclusion when they read our respective articles. At this junction in history, I think it’s a message worth delivering. Or would have been. I’m deeply saddened. This year has been just too intense already.

Eric L: When I heard that audiopro had passed away, I felt sorry for the loss of a seasoned veteran who has in depth knowledge of music and equipment. Even I never knew him, I could feel strongly from his post his passion for music.May he rest in peace in hifi heaven.

Editor: I append a viol composition by Marin Marais, Tombeau pour Monsieur de Sainte Colombe, written to commemorate his teacher's death (their story popularized by the film Touts Les Matins du Monde). The playlist is very good. I have always loved viol music - that melancholic tint.

1 comment:

  1. RIP audiopro. Great choice of music. Viola is so close to the human voice, so delicate and sensitive. No wonder Maestri Monsieur de Sainte Colombe and Marin Marais insisted on exploring the possibilities of viola as if it was all that was needed to express everything. The voice of the viola might well be the closest we can get to the voice of the human soul. I wish a happy journey to the soul of audiopro.

    ReplyDelete