15 April, 2022

Bob Dylan and Wong Kar Wai

Click pics to enlarge.

Read and Forward: Bob Dylan Deep Focus

I am a Dylan fan, mostly. His album Oh Mercy (produced by the expert Daniel Lanois), which I have both on vinyl and in CD, had been featured in this blog many times. I even played it for a few fellow audiophiles. Incidentally, among my friends in HK or NYC I have yet to come across another one playing any Dylan album.

Is there something Bob Dylan could not do? He is a poet but only now do I know he paints well too! He has an art show named Deep Focus (here, ArtReview here). The paintings all derive from movies.

Two of his pictures are based on one of Wong Kar Wai's best films, Happy Together (wiki, poster below), featuring Tong Leung (above, pic from ArtReview) and Leslie Cheung (below, from Halcyon Gallery cited above).

Incidentally, for the audiophile, Wong's films always have interesting soundtracks. One of the better known is 2046 (original CD pic below), which is a good soundtrack but not at all a good film (I'd say gangrenous by his lofty standards). 

No comments:

Post a Comment