18 December, 2020

R.I.P. Tim de Paravicini

I just learned today that one of my heroes, TdP, had passed away due to cancer. This tribute is brief, as I think I do not need to re-write a single word of my Overview on E.A.R ten years ago. Today, in our HK Whatsapp group, our friend icefox said the same thing: "...EAR products never attempt to seize your attention from the first note, but are always highly enjoyable and impeccable, unusually durable to boot...".

"My" EAR 509 monoblocks now carry on in my dear friend WSS' place driving "my" Tannoy Canterbury HE (article coming,) and we feel his spirits.

The following youtube was contributed by icefox, an interview last year

1 comment:

  1. Tim was a highly intelligent man with a encyclopedic knowledge of circuits, solid state and tube. What I love about his work is that he crisscrossed between the professional gears and audiophile gears without any problem with an understanding of both perspectives. An outspoken, eccentric, and hot tempered guy but a straight shooter. Eternal admiration. May he rest in forever peace.

    ReplyDelete