25 December, 2022

Akitika GT-102 LM3886 NTE7197

Alert: Akitika GT-102 Available Again for Limited Time

Long term readers know that I used this amp almost on a daily basis during 2020 and 2021. Should you search "Akitika" (upper left corner search box), you shall find many entries and pics.

You will find all the important details in the proper GT-102 Review. Our own mrgoodsound had also used it before to his approval.

The amplifier is available as a kit and assembled for a reasonable sum.

For the last year, Akitika GT-102 was not available because TI could not supply the coveted LM3886. As a past customer, I receive Akitika newsletters, and I was surprised that some became available. I have enclosed the newsletter below. Now, it's a limited run, so act fast if you want one!

GT102, GT102-Z4, GT104, and GT108 are in stock for immediate shipment

I’ve finally caught up with parts shortages. That means for a limited time, I will have GT104 and GT108 kits in stock for immediate shipment.

More amazingly, I have a limited number of GT102 and GT102-Z4 kits in stock. Given TI’s inability to deliver LM3886’s, how did this happen? One of my customers mentioned that they had used NTE7197 in place of the LM3886. NTE makes repair parts for consumer electronics, and they list the 7197 as the replacement for the LM3886.

But, is a 7197 really a good replacement for an LM3886? Here’s what I found out:

· The data sheet is a copy of the LM3886 part.

· The pinout is exactly the same.

· I built a pair of amplifier modules with 7197’s, and their measurements looked just like the LM3886.

· My suspicion was that NTE private labeled a bunch of LM3886’s. I put that question to NTE, and received a response from a VP that yes, the 7197 was an LM3886 made by TI that was labeled with the NTE part number and logo.

Given this good news, is there a downside? Yes, but just a few:

· I purchased everything NTE had in stock, which wasn’t all that many.

· They were expensive…not crazy high, but I will have to charge a $25 premium, so a GT-102 kit and the Z4 kits will be $424 plus $26 shipping (lower 48 states).

Total quantities are limited, and I will fill the earliest orders first. I’ll also try to post and block the website from accepting additional orders as soon as possible when stock runs out.

If you’re looking for a GT102, at GT102-Z4, a GT104, or a GT108, I urge you to order now.
https://www.akitika.com/akitikastore.html

2 comments:

  1. AnonymousJuly 27, 2023

    Do you have any of the 7197 chips left?

    Tom
    schupbach69@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I haven't made it clear. Akitika is selling it, not me.

    ReplyDelete